Monday, November 24, 2008

Mixing metals | The Fashion Dungjen


I don't believe in the foolishness that says you can only wear yellow gold jewelry with yellow and you can only wear white gold or silver with other white gold or other silver. Mixing metals is a growing trend whether anyone wants to admit or even like it. After working for awhile in the jewelry business, I tell people all the time that it's OK to wear different colored gold at the same time. They usually freak out and don't know how to react.

Breathe in. Breathe out. It will be alright.


Lately I've started pulling out my collection of bracelets and wearing them on an almost daily basis. And yes, I usually do so while mixing my yellows and white; as you can see from the photos, I even like to throw in my two-strand pearl bracelet (It used to be a five-strand bracelet until it broke three different times).

The notion of refusing to mix metals, materials and textures is asinine. Who thought of this rule anyway? I refuse to take fashion so seriously that I won't wear my favorite gold bracelets with my favorite white gold bracelets.

What do you think? Are you with me or will you stick to monochrome metals?

No comments: