Sunday, March 29, 2009

In my white T, Day 1: Taylor | The Fashion Dungjen



Today marks the first day of the 'In My White T' challenge. Some met it with great vigor, some pooped out without ever wearing a white T-shirt (ahem: Stephanie). You'll see some familiar faces this week, but also some new ones (I think.). I hope you enjoy our white T's!

Last week was spring break. It was excellent. I took home some winter clothes (not all of them, thankfully. It was supposed to snow in Cincinnati today. What the?). Mom and Dad did my laundry, folded it too. (Thanks, guys!) While Dad was folding, Mom was scoffing at my white T-shirt collection. "Taylor, that's so dingy looking? Ew. You wear those?" Those may not have been her exact words, but, I mean, that's pretty much the gist of it. I told her I couldn't possibly get rid of them, not with the next challenge. So, like any mother desperate to avoid embarrassment, she offered to buy me new shirts. Aha, awesome. (By the way, Mom, next time it's wear new shoes every day week. So, uh, I'll need seven pairs of new shoes. Psych. But no, really..)



The point of 'In my white T' week is to make each shirt look different - it doesn't mean you have to cut them, but mostly style them so you're not wearing the basic jeans and a T-shirt every single day. How exciting is that? Oh yeah, it's not.

Since it's early, I decided to keep it simple: dark skinny jeans, black flats, my white T-shirt, a vintage belt and lots of rings and bracelets. Easy. I did get a lot of compliments on my belt today, which is nice because I got it from my Oma. Grandparent's closets make the best thrift stores. (They're free and don't [usually] smell as bad.]


2 comments:

Diana said...

i love how you added the belt!

Andhari said...

Me toooo, it'll work with bigger belt too, or a patterned scarf :)