Sunday, December 21, 2008

Seller Spotlight: Lori Looms | The Fashion Dungjen

When I went outside on Friday I really thought maybe I had entered a parallel universe over night; it was about 61 degrees outside. Talk about serious December bonus. Unfortunately, and of course, we could never be lucky enough to get more than a couple hours of that kind of weather.

Surely things are cold as ever outside; I heard on the news last night it’s supposed to get down to 5 degrees this weekend or early next week …? Ew.

With that said, I think it’s time for a scarf – Christmas, where are you?

One place you may consider looking for a scarf, if you’re in the market, is in Lori Blevins’ Etsy.com shop, LoriLooms.

A Memphis, Tenn. native, Lori, 33, moved to Cincinnati 3 years ago (I bet the weather there was probably a little more favorable). This stay-at-home mom – her daughter is 1-year-old – has been selling her handmad
e scarves, gloves, hand/arm warmers, bags and hats to those of us who aren’t best friends with this nasty winter weather.

Although Lori’s shop has only been on Etsy since Sept. 22, she’s already participated in a number of local craft shows where the reaction to her work was “fabulous!”

She has even been asked to fill several orders for custom pieces.

The pieces that Lori makes are unique in their style and the materials used to create them.

“Everything I create is on a loom,” Lori said. “I am forever trying new and different techniques in order to have various styles to appeal to a wide range of people. Also, most everything that I make is one of a kind; I try to make each piece different fr
om the last.”

And it isn’t just the Cincinnati local craft-show goers who love what Lori is doing.

“I believe my greatest compliment came from another seller on Etsy,” Lori said. “[She] e-mailed me to let me know she was featuring one of my scarves in a treasury. She wrote that my products were ‘truly artistic.’ That was the first time anyone ever called me an artist; I held onto that feeling for days.”

If you’re in Sharonville and in need of some winter-weather accessories, Lori sells a few items in the Tots to Teens Consignments, 11092 Reading Road.

No comments: