Friday, February 13, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic | The Fashion Dungjen

My official review of Confessions of a Shopaholic will be in print Monday, Feb. 16, but here are some random thoughts on the film, in 175 words or less:

Confessions is every girls fantasy life … minus the credit card debt. Isla Fisher and the rest of the cast were dressed almost flawlessly. The movie was quirky, funny and, uh, hello? Hugh Dancy? Stud muffin. Dare I say, but forget Carrie Bradshaw, every fashionista's aspirations and inspirations are now courtesy of Rebecca Bloomwood. If you thought Sex and the City was merchandised beyond compare, you haven’t seen anything yet. Sex and the City the sequel has a lot to live up to if it plans to out stylize Confessions. Even the most novice or apathetic movie goers will now recognize a pair of Louboutins after seeing this flick – they might even want a pair, that’s how smart the movie’s stylist used them. Seriously, pieces of clothing I would normally loathe I fell in love with. Do I recommend this film? Yes, but only if you can control the urge to binge spend afterward. My only disappointment is that I didn’t trample enough people to get a free sample of Prada perfume after the showing.

Some of my favorite looks from Fisher (that I could actually find):


This cape is brilliant. Bravo, Patria Field - the movie's stylist.
Speaking of things I should hate ... Those boots on the right, those furry pink ones..? Yeah, they're hideous, BUT THEY WORK. I don't understand. What's happening to my sense of judgement? Can I get a second opinion? I think it's because I love her jacket. And her gloves. And her Gucci bag. And on the left? How fun. How daring. The movie is full of such smart mis-matching. Does it get much better?

Have you seen the movie? Will you? What do you think of Fisher's wardrobe?

No comments: