Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Insecurity in the Midwest


I think the Midwest has an inferiority complex. Or is at least a little insecure about how it stacks up to is cousins out west. And, quite frankly, there's a lot to be jealous of. But, even though it seems like they would want to mimic the beautiful state of Oregon, this part of Dayton, dare I say, is marvelous. (The above sign was taken in Dayton, Ohio, in the Oregon District.) Hands down, the Oregon District is probably one of the most incredible neighborhoods in Dayton. It's old. Has a brick road (Bonus points). The houses are so fabulous. It's the ideal neighborhood for my future grown up self. I picture myself living in one of the circa 1850s homes and then taking a walk down one of the tree-lined streets in a forest green, just-above-the-knee dress and a pair of ankle cognac boots around this time of year.

Fall is so good. I need to recruit a friend to go on a fall photo adventure with me.

No comments: