Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday reflection | The Fashion Dungjen

Because my brother, Tim, 17, is incredibly smart, he locked himself out of the house the day after Thanksgiving and I had to leave work three hours early to let him inside. It's OK, the parents gave me $17 to fill up my tank. Now if only I could find where I put the $17...

Anyway, I was able to spend six hours at the mall, wheeling and dealing with anyone willing to step up to the case. In the time I wasn't busy catering to customers, I made it a point to people watch. There were a lot of people to watch. Lots, and lots.

What I did notice about Black Friday were the lack of packages. People were carrying one or two bags, not even big bags. Just like they were out for an afternoon of shopping on any other day of the year.

It wasn't that these people had just arrived; I saw many of them on multiple occasions, walking to and fro, looking worried, with the same one or two bags.

I would be willing to bet that the economy still has people worried. Lots of people signing up for new credit though, from what I experienced at work. Found that very peculiar. Hmmm.

Did anyone else notice anything similar on Friday or am I deranged?

No comments: