Wednesday, November 5, 2008

RIP | The Fashion Dungjen


Tonight marks the death of my favorite shoes. May they rest in peace in a landfill somewhere in Hamilton County. I hope you make a nice home for a critter somewhere.
You have served me well.


I bought these Steve Madden shoes in Spring Quarter of last school year. I wore them almost daily. They were my staple shoe in Alabama this summer and walked with me all along the streets of San Francisco. The caps broke off the bottom of the shoes and so the wooden heel has been wearing down every time I wear them. You can see the shoe on the right has more of a heel left than the other. Mom said that's probably not good for me.

In addition to the missing caps and wearing heel, there is a tiny, but growing, rip in the shoe on the right. Sigh.

Proof that the caps are gone and the heels are worn. With the caps missing, if I kept wearing these shoes it would be a different death reported in this blog: mine. The shoes don't serve me well while walking on anything but concrete where there is friction to keep me from slipping and busting my head open.

Mom, if you see this, and I'm pretty sure I e-mailed you the link, take pity on me. I'm tired from a long week at The News Record. I have an exam Monday. And now, worst of all, I'm throwing away my favorite shoes. As a fellow shoe lover, Mom, I think it would be in your best interest to buy me a new pair. Hugs and kisses, Mommy. I love you.

No comments: