Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Oscar the Grouch | The Fashion Dungjen

Does anyone else think it's completely ridiculous the way Oscar De la Renta basically chastised Michelle Obama for wearing a sweater to Buckingham Palace to meet the Queen? How absolutely asinine. It's not like she showed up in a pair of ratty jeans and a 1982 Metallica T-shirt.


Michelle Obama is one of the classiest dressed women. She always looks put together, never over done, never fake. Unless you're asking some weirdo woman from Times Online who suggests that Michelle Obama's fake eyelashes are "unapologetically fake."



I'm going to go ahead and call her on that one. Unless the eyelashes are adorned with feathers, sequins, glitter or leaves - and Obama's were not - I'd say she's still fairly natural-looking. Nice try though.

All photos from the Huffington

What do you think of the first lady's wardrobe choices? Which of her trip-to-Europe outfits is your favorite? Do you hate them all? Do you think Oscar is justified in his tyrant of Michelle's sweater? What would you wear to meet the Queen?

2 comments:

Andhari said...

I think she dressed appropriately. Not too overdone and not too simple. I love her. That's so uncalled for to say that.

Alyssa Ryan said...

I would wear a sweater to meet the Queen. I think she looks nice, tasteful, and her clothes are always amusing.

If we compare her to two previous first ladies that I remember (Bush, Clinton), then I think the Michelle Obama-haters need to wisen up and thank the heavens they have a first ladies that is actually fashionable and not dated (as I remember Bush and Clinton being).